Common Hand Injuries and Treatment Options for Residents of Houston, TX
It’s not surprising that hand injuries are a fairly common occurrence, especially when you consider how complex the structures of the hand are and how much we use our hands on a daily basis. When injuries do occur in the hand, residents of Houston, TX, can turn to Hand Surgery Specialists of Texas. Our physicians specialize in diagnosing and treating all types of hand injuries and related conditions.
Some of the most common types of hand injuries we see and treat at Hand Surgery Specialists of Texas in Houston include:
- Broken bones –When one or more of the 27 bones in the hand fractures, it can cause symptoms of pain, swelling, stiffening, or bruising at the site of the fracture.
- Lacerations and cuts – Lacerations, cuts, and other severe tears that break the skin may require medical attention to stop the bleeding and prevent an infection.
- Burns – Burns can occur from sun exposure, touching a hot object, exposure to chemicals, and other sources, causing pain on the surface of the hand.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome – This is one of the most common repetitive stress injuries that affects the hand and wrist area due to a compressed nerve. Various treatment options are available for this condition, including the innovative no-stitch procedure at Hand Surgery Specialists of Texas.
- Tendonitis (tendinitis) – Inflammation to the tendons can occur from repetitive motions or from a sudden trauma, resulting in pain, swelling, or the development of a lump along the affected tendon.
At Hand Surgery Specialists of Texas, we treat these and other hand injuries and ailments. If you have pain or have noticed other symptoms that affect your hands, contact us today to schedule an appointment with one of our experienced hand specialists. Our offices are conveniently located throughout Houston, TX, helping to put quality hand care within your reach.