Finger Pain Information for Residents of Houston, TX
Many people experience finger pain at some point in their lives. While many cases are minor and resolve themselves in a handful of days, more severe and persistent cases may require medical attention. At Hand Surgery Specialists of Texas, we specialize in diagnosing and treating conditions that affect the fingers, hands, wrists, and arms. With office locations throughout the greater Houston, Texas, area, our specialists put quality hand care within your reach.
There are numerous conditions and injuries that can cause finger pain. Some of the conditions we most commonly see and treat at Hand Surgery Specialists of Texas include:
- Dislocated and broken fingers, which occur when a joint becomes misaligned or a finger bone fractures, lead to finger pain, swelling, bruising, and other symptoms
- Mallet finger, often caused by sports injuries that jam the finger and result in the outermost finger joint being stuck in a bent position
- Trigger finger, a swelling of a tendon that makes finger movement difficult, often with the finger getting stuck in a bent position and then “popping” straight
- Tendonitis, an inflammation of the tendons in the finger resulting in pain and stiffness
- Dupuytren’s contracture, a tightening of tissue fibers in the hand that pull one or more fingers into a bent position
- Raynaud’s phenomenon, a circulation issue that limits blood supply to the fingers and other extremities, causing numbness, cold fingers, and color changes in the fingers
- Osteoarthritis, a wear-and-tear arthritis in which the cartilage in the finger joints wears down and creates finger joint pain
If you are experiencing symptoms of any of these hand-related ailments, Hand Surgery Specialists of Texas is your source for all of your hand care needs in the greater Houston, TX, area. Whether you’ve injured a finger while on the job or you have a child with a sports-related hand injury, our hand specialists can help. Our offices feature state-of-the-art equipment including X-ray machinery, enabling us to provide diagnostic services and outpatient treatments onsite for the convenience of our patients.
If you are experiencing finger pain or other related symptoms, contact us today to schedule an appointment at one of our Houston, TX, offices. Hand Surgery Specialists of Texas accepts most major insurance plans as well as workers’ compensation.