Elbow Joint Pain: Causes and Information for Houston, TX, Area Residents
Elbow joint pain commonly occurs from overexertion or repetitive motions we use when playing sports or working at a job. At Hand Surgery Specialists of Texas in Houston, our physicians are here to help you find the relief you need from your elbow symptoms. Some common conditions that may be the cause of your elbow pain include:
- Tendonitis (tendinitis) – Tendonitis refers to inflammation of the tendons, which connect muscles to bones. Typically caused by overuse or overexertion, tendonitis can affect the tendon on the outside of the elbow, a condition also known as tennis elbow, or on the inside of the elbow, also called golfer’s elbow.
- Elbow bursitis – Bursae are fluid-filled sacs that provide padding between bone and soft tissue at joints, including the outside of the elbow. Elbow bursitis occurs when an elbow bursa becomes inflamed, changing from its usual flat shape and creating pain.
- Broken elbow – There are three bones that make up the arm and form the elbow joint. When any of these bones fractures near the elbow joint, it can cause pain and make it difficult to move the elbow.
- Dislocated elbow – A dislocation occurs when the bones at the elbow joint become misaligned from a sudden impact or injury.
- Osteoarthritis – This condition can develop if the cartilage that pads the elbow joint wears.
The experienced physicians at Hand Surgery Specialists of Texas treat all of these elbow conditions and others at our offices located throughout Houston TX. Whether you know exactly what the cause of your pain is or have just noticed unusual symptoms around your elbow, you can trust our specialists to help diagnose and treat your condition.
Contact Hand Surgery Specialists of Texas today to schedule an appointment about your elbow joint pain. We will be happy to help you find the office location nearest you in Houston, TX.